Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Almost Ready for our Silkies

We're getting a little bit closer to being done with the chicken pen/coop. Just in time for our drive over to my mom's this weekend to pick up three Silky hens.

I still need to install a lock on the door, pick up the their little roosting/nesting house, add the cement block floor and add the roofing.

There are also the finishing touches like making a ramp and getting all the supplies.

It's all worth the effort since I now LOVE this part of my yard. It went from being the spot I avoided (except to lie in the hammock) to a charming little private spot with chickens. I even managed to keep the poppy alive during construction.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so amazed! You're a amazing! YAY! It's adorable. I can't wait to meet your chickens.

    ReplyDelete