Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tour of Seattle's Japanese Garden

I found myself driving through the Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle today & passing by the Japanese Garden. Since it was a beautiful morning and the garden is less than 4 acres, I decided to take a quick tour. I haven't been to the garden for almost 10 yrs.

It was the best $5 I've spent it a long time. I could've sat there and walked around all day just soaking up the calm and peaceful environment.

As I was walking (relaxed) through the perfectly pruned trees, I decided to take this tour at least once a year to help replicate the peace and openness in my garden but on a slightly smaller scale.

I'll also need to go back with Travis, so he can get inspiration for his bonsai trees.

Below are some pictures I took of the garden - with my phone! Since I wasn't planning on taking a garden tour I didn't bring our camera.






2 comments:

  1. Angela, Must have left my comment for you on Twitter. I'll be redundant and say once again how much I enjoyed your tour of this garden. Do you really have 12 acres? How incredible. I love visiting Seattle because of the wonderful energy of the gardening community. Now I must get back to work! Cheers, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, I wish I had 12 acres (or even 2). I only have .12 acres - my attempt at being funny.

    Thank you for your kind words. The garden did most the work.

    ReplyDelete