Sunday, July 5, 2009

Front Entry Mini Makeover

Every couple years my front porch starts to look a little shabby. To spruce it up this year, I painted the porch a nice black color and replanted the urns. One of these days I'm going to resurface the front porch with stone and replace the front walk with a more natural walkway. Until then, a new coat of paint does wonders.

Left (front yard urns): Boxleaf Hebe, Aurea Heather, Black Mondo Grass & Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster

Right (back yard urn): Orme Hebe, Spring Torch Heather & Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster


In just a couple hours I went from hating my front porch to accepting it - almost liking it. I bet when the urns fill out - I'll love this spot even more.

What's funny is that last time I painted the porch I pretty much just painted it the color of concrete. Then because I picked a laytex paint it scratched off the show the green paint underneath - I hated it from day one (see 'before' picture on right).


















Click here to see what my house looked like when I bought it in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment