Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Scored at the Snohomish Plant Sale

It's always a treat to pick through the Snohomish Garden Club's plant sale each spring. Even though the plants tend to be the same year after year - most likely since they're divided/starts from the same gardens - it seems I'm usually looking for something different each time. This year I wanted to find a couple more Hostas and some ground covers. Unfortunately, I was so distracted by all the plants that I didn't find any Hostas and got only two ground covers. Oh well. I'm more than happy with the plants we brought home.
As you can see, our wheelbarrow was full of new plants and I'm not even sure I have room for them. Here's what we got:

2 California Bay Trees; 2 Black Mondo Grass; 1 Purple Heuchera; 2 Lime Green Heuchera; 1 Helleborus; 1 Hardy Geranium; 1 Purple Phlox; 1 Bare Root Pussy Willow Tree; 1 Astilbe; 2 Cyclamen; 2 Varigated Arabis; 1 Sedum; 2 Echevera; 1 Astrantia; 1 Lupine; 1 Bergenia; 1 Speedwell.

Not only was it great because we got new plants, but because we met up with our really close friends the Wellers (pictured with Travis) and Sara, who came with her mom. I wish we could've chatted all day but it was very cold and we had a lot of chores to do at home. As did our friends.

I was delighted to see little Isabelle and Abigail - they're growing so quickly! I can't believe how time is flying by. I guess we'll just have to visit Toby and Michelle's one day soon to chat about their family and check out the garden.

Just my opinion, but, everyone should do their part to support their local garden club. By doing so, you're contributing to your neighborhood and, if you're lucky, you may run into some old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment